Sunday, October 07, 2007

Been quite a while since i got back home.
Some things remains unchanged while some things changes along with time.

Looking at my dad, it tell me that time don't wait...
Just 2 months ago, My dad fainted while he was working.
After several sample analysis, the doctor say that he was diagnosed with cirrhosis, a malfunction of the liver.

The first day I went to the hospital to see him, he was just the same, just that his feets are more swollen.

After a few days stay in the hospital, he was discharged and was instructed to take a few days off to rest at home. These few days of leave, he was only able to eat food that are easy digest and not forgetting to take a few type of medicine that cannot be bought in the pharmacy. Hence his weight drastically dropped by 10 kg where the previous rounded belly is now flatten..

Though there is not cure to it but with life time medication and healthy diet, he should be alright. However the one "monthly medication check up" cost up to hundreds over dollar, just the scope alone cost around $300 over.. Seriously i'm wondering is hospital trying to save people or are they trying to kill people financially!
[it ridiculous to know that medisave can be used only when you stayed in the hospital! So what kind of financial assistance does it provide? if the patient is on life time medication and examination and the only time they will be staying in hospital is when they need operation or is critically ill.]

Due to oversea trip that my parents and grandma are going, I was called back home. So once again I saw my dad... he have aged alot, i saw signs of old age marking [brown patches] on his face and hands and how thin he was since i last saw him...

My dad is 50 this year, thinking about it, I felt abit useless of me being a poly student and still depending on parent's money. All these years my dad has been working as a charge man [sth related to metal construction] to feed the family. All these hard work, I really thanks him for bringing us up in my heart.

So I decide to get a better job in the future when I finished my study to lighten the burden of the family.



Fatherly Lord in heaven, may you bless my family with good heath and help my dad to lighten his burden in his life.

No comments: